Friday, June 09, 2006

Weird

I have been tagged... and that in the blogging world is as good as receiving a royal dictate... so not wiling to run the risk of offense.. i shall now write a list of 6 weird things about me.

1. When I walk on a tiled surface (floor, pavement) I always walk in the squares... I will do my utmost humanly possible not to step on the lines... I cant ever remember not having this freakish habit... dun ask

2. I will only shell pea pods from the reverse side (I apologize that I did not warn you my dear reader that this list might just be midnumbingly boring :D). Anyhow, peas should only be removed from their shells from the other side than all human beings I have witnessed shelling peas have been doing. Its a habit, and its weird. Makes the list.

3. I smell books. And I love the old book smell. The first thing I do when I get any book is smell it. Endearing or gross?? You decide.

4. I get very badly distracted if there is more than one person talking to me. I cannot, (and at this point I believe I will die of this disease), understand you when you are talking, if there is a train running behind you, another dude shouting or even if you're cellfone rings.

5. (we're getting close to the end!) I read the paper back to front. ALWAYS! any paper! I will only start it from the sports page.

6. I have a fetish for old , decaying things. Yellowed paper postcards, stamps, money, anything. I love it. All antiques are adored by me.

That be it... are my weirdnesses within normal human parameters, or am I weird enough to be a green, bug eyed alien?... lemme know.

5 comments:

tangled said...

where is your hit list, now???
and i smell books too :)

Unsettler of Catan said...

book smeller...
i can almost see u sniffing my bag.. heheheh
kidding... one weird ting u forgot to mention what the musical instrument u can play...the bon jovi one.. ;)
hehehehehe... love u sooo much
hugs
maria

Nessa said...

haha.. yeah, the bon jovi one..

Anonymous said...

Sorry for disobeying the last 'royal dictate'... but I haven't blogged anything since then...

And about this post... I'm tired of saying it... but you wrote the blog that I wanted to write... 5 of the 6 things are true about me... except the pea pod one... :)).... and the first habit absolutely irritates my friends... some time back I walked the Colaba causway... with those 'new' floor design on the foot paths... from Regal to Strand cinema without hitting the lines or the red blocks ... and managed not to hit a human being.... :)... and I absolutely adore the yellow paper... thankfully my dad has more that two thousand old books at home... its great to smell them... :)... and about old things... the antique value of .... the fort buildings... the cafe mondegar cartoons... the irani cafe chairs... is a strong reasons why I cant leave Mumbai...

everytime i read your posts... I end up saying the same thing... why the hell I just dont write these small things about myself... I observe them... but rarely pen them down... its probably time I start following royal dictates... :)) .... or probably this is the way its supposed to be... do keep writing... and making me wonder...

Rick said...

u kno what's more wierd...i used to walk inside the squares (on a tiled surface) when i was a kid...but a few years ago i started walking on the lines...not just the lines, as far as possible, on the INTERSECTION os the lines...so that i would stamp four tiles at a time. i imagine each tile to 'light up' when i step on it...so i have to make the maximum no. of tiles 'light up' in min. no. of steps...

There. Your walking inside the squares isn't so wierd now, is it...